High in the mountains, ex-IMC pilot Barker and his fellow colonists have made a comfortable living by producing moonshine in this hidden bootlegging colony. This operation was attacked by the IMC after the Battle of Demeter, in an effort to crack down on IMC defectors. Signs on the map for Barker's Brewing Co. can be seen.
Several map-specific achievements can be unlocked on Backwater.
- Backwater Victor can be unlocked by winning one match on Backwater.
- Backwater Connoisseur can be unlocked by winning one match of every mode on the map.
- Predator can be unlocked by killing fifteen enemies while Cloaked on Backwater.
- Rejected! can be unlocked by killing an enemy with an Amped Vortex Shield deflection on Backwater.
- The first initial tease for Backwater was actually well before the launch of Titanfall. A piece of concept art (shown below) posted on Respawn's website would be the inspiration for Backwater.
- ↑ Behind the Scenes article on Backwater - "The original concept was based around some early concepts for Titanfall that we never completed - the rice paddies. Early Respawn fans may recognize the first concept art we ever released, starring the infamous Nessie (Roger), as inspiration for Backwater."