The EM-4 Cold War is a primary four-round burst bullpup grenade launcher firing 4.73x33mm explosive ammunition. The weapon requires to be charged before firing, though unlike the Charge Rifle the player simply has to press the trigger to start charging followed by the gun firing instead of holding the trigger down to fire.
A single burst can kill an enemy pilot if the shots are landed directly, but if you miss a full burst will absolutely mean your early demise depends on the situation
It is, unfortunately, possible to self-harm with this weapon - you're not immune to its splash damage.
- The Cold War can kill pilots with a single burst with some good aim. If accuracy isn't your specialty, use Amped Weapons and fire in the enemy's general direction for a relatively easy kill.
- The Cold War is very effective in a highly mobile playstyle. Wall run around the map while firing bursts at your foes below. Keep in mind that accuracy is key if you want to score one-hit-kills.
- If you have high-power pistols like the B3 Wingman, Wingman Elite or SA-3 Mozamique, you can use them to finish off Pilots if the Cold War's burst left them injured.
|Increased ammo capacity.|
|Shoot while sprinting.|
|Fast transition into aiming down the sights.|
|Faster transition when switching to this weapon.|
|Pilot kills increase Tactical availability (Faster cooldown).|
|Attachment that displays lifetime weapon XP count for the weapon.|
- 4.73x33mm is an odd choice for a grenade caliber, to say the least - in fact, in modern times, it's closer to the size you might see in PDWs such as the H&K MP7 or the P90.
- Given that the explosions give off bright blue flares, the projectiles may be made out of the same material the EPG-1 fires.
- It was created by Vinson Dynamics.