|This article, Gridiron, has insufficient information and needs more content. You can assist the Titanfall Wikia by expanding this article as much as you can.|
Gridiron is a planet on The Frontier in the universe of Titanfall. It is home to a population of 90 million, and has been extensively terraformed by its inhabitants. Despite this, its surface is baked in deadly solar radiation from its parent star, leading to periods where residents cannot step into direct sunlight for more than a few seconds without severe risk of injury. The planet is (or was previously) home to Leviathans, kept away from military bases and population centres by Repulsor Towers.
Gridiron is known to support at least one city, New Anchorage, and a Training Ground for IMC Pilots known as Training Ground Whitehead. Less than 100 miles from Whitehead is an abandoned reservoir experiencing severe drought, and utilised by Frontier Militia special forces as a long range desert patrol outpost.
There are several companies operating on Gridiron - the most notable of which is Gridiron Transport Services, responsible for manufacturing many of the Cars found on The Frontier. Vinson Dynamics is also known to have a facility on Gridiron.
- ↑ The Art of Titanfall - "The terra-formed world of Gridiron is a heavily fortified IMC stronghold, with many industries serving the corporation's defensive needs. The planet's population has soared to 90 million, yet Gridiron still contains large swaths of desert perfectly suited for military research., conducted far from prying eyes."
- ↑ Titanfall Companion - "Pilots should be very careful to avoid lingering above ground here - it only takes a few seconds to recieve a lethal dose of radiation in direct sunlight."
- ↑ Skeletons on the outskirts of Rise
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Labels on the EM-4 Cold War (Link) - "VINSON DYNAMICS, New Anchorage, Gridiron"
- ↑ Titanfall Companion: Rise - "Militia Special Forces have set up a long-range reconnaissance outpost in this abandoned IMC reservoir, less than a hundred miles from the IMC's classified proving grounds on planet Gridiron."