Ion is a Titan class that is based on the Atlas chassis design. Laser-focused, Ion is all about power. With a central energy system that fuels all of its offensive and defensive abilities, the Ion is an effective, tactical force on The Frontier. Ion's primary weapon is a Splitter Rifle. The Ion has an energy bar that recharges slowly, and almost all of her attacks require using this bar (with the exception of un-split Splitter rifle and/or if you have Zero-Point Tripwire then deploying tripwire).
"Rapid single-fire energy rifle with the ability to leverage the Ion's central energy system to fire 3 deadly shots at once."
"Shoulder-mounted, this lethal beam cuts through anything in its way."
"Laser triggered explosive mines."
"Absorb incoming fire and redirect it back at the enemy."
"A deadly oversized laser beam fired from the chest of the Ion and capable of stopping anything it its path."
- Ion has 10,000 health just like Tone and the Ogre from Titanfall 1
- With Ion's final Warpaint "Sandstorm" equipped, on Ion's left arm, there are three acronyms that are USA/DOD/AVM. These acronyms most likely stand for "United States of America," "Department of Defense," and "Adaptive Vehicle Make," respectively. Adaptive Vehicle Make was a series of projects overseen by DARPA under the US DOD to address new approaches to vehicle and weapon design.
- As of December 2016, the Ion is the second most popular Titan within the game.
- Much like the Atlas Chassis from Titanfall 1 , Ion serves as a "Jack of All Trades", due to her ability to adapt to many roles on the battlefield, but isn't the best in any one aspect.
- Sandstorm was originally going to be Ion's main skin.
- ion's execution is putting her Splitter Rifle into the enemy titan's cockpit and destroy its system
- Ion Prime's execution is to fire a laser shot, then spin and hit the enemy in the upper body, knocking them on their back. Ion then fires her laser core ability onto the cockpit, melting the pilot and destroying the Titan. This does not use the Laser Core ability,but is awesome when you pull it off.
- The Red Baron skin, obtained by having played Battlefield 1 on the same account, will sometimes randomly disappear from your inventory, even if it was equipped. This can be fixed by logging into Battlefield 1 then switching back to Titanfall 2. It can also randomly fix itself after playing a multiplayer match or two.