Legion is a Titan class that is based on the Ogre chassis design, focusing on inexorable advances, dealing damage and controlling combat zones. It wields the Predator Cannon, which is equipped with short and long range ammo variations. The Titan's ordnance is known as Power Shot. While in short range mode, it fires a shotgun-like spray, which is great for taking out nearby pilots. While in long range mode, the shot is similar to the Plasma Railgun's projectile. The minigun is also equipped with a protective Gun Shield capable of absorbing a fair amount of damage.
Strategies and Tactics Edit
Legion's cannon can deal tremendous damage at any range and the chassis can take a vast amount of damage in return, making it great pushing lanes whilst attracting the enemies' fire.
You should aim to initiate pushes as the first one into the fight, chewing through defensive abilities and working to expose Titans so you may cause them severe damage. Hidden Compartment and Extended Magazine are useful in emphasising this role.
Based on the Ogre chassis, Legion is slow to react and move as his gun must first "spin up" before firing, as do most of his other abilities; care must be taken to plan your ability use. Much of this can be mitigated by equipping Turbo Engine (kit), which provides much needed agility, and the ability to shift into and out of cover.
Titans such as Ronin and Ion can pose a serious threat to a Legion, as they are capable of mitigating and redirecting damage, along with outmanoeuvring and trapping players. Ronin will tend to engage in CQB, where it can easily Dash around and disorientate the Titan, absorbing Power Shot with Sword Block. Ion prefers to face Legion upfront, attacking the Titan until it is forced to retaliate, then raising Vortex Shield to catch volleys of damage.Northstar is more easy to destroy as Legion, especially in CQB. This is because Northstar has no defensive abilities, weak armour and also has an unwieldy weapon, which can be countered by Gun Shield. Legion is also potent against Tone, as attacking Particle Wall as it is placed decimates the shield, exposing Tone to huge amounts of damage.
"Short range rounds knock targets back. Long range rounds pierce targets"
|Ordnance: Power Shot: Legion fires off a single, powerful shot that changes properties depending on his current mode. In the short range mode, Legion fires off a quick burst in a shotgun-like pattern and pushes enemies back. In long range mode, Legion fires off a single, very accurate shot that can pierce targets, very similar to a shot from Northstar's weapon.|
|Tactical: Mode Switch:
Legion changes from short-range mode to long-range mode or vice-versa. His shots become much more accurate in long-range but use two ammo per shot. Switching modes also changes the cockpit display colors (Dark Red for long range Light Yellow for short)
|Defensive: Gun Shield: Legion activates a shield from his Predator Cannon that deflects damage. It will disappear after a set amount of time or after it takes too much damage.|
|Core: Smart Core: Locks on on all targets, provides infinite ammo. Great for killing ejecting pilots.|
- As of December 2016, the Legion is the third most popular Titan within the game.
- The Predator Cannon might be a reference to the Predator mech from the free to play mech FPS Hawken. The Predator mech's primary weapon, Breacher, has two firing modes; uncharged shots spread projectiles in a shotgun pattern(close-range mode) while charged shots fires focused, high-damage long range projectiles that can bypass shields.
- It is also potentially a reference to the film Predator in which one of the characters Blain (played by Jesse Ventura) wields a minigun/chain gun.
- Legion's Execution is to impale an enemy Titan on the tip of their Predator cannon, point it straight up in the air, and fire a ton of bullets into the Titan, shredding it to bitsits
- Legion Prime's Execution is to slam its Predator cannon into the enemy Titan twice it a sweeping motion, and then destroy the enemy Titan with a point blank range Power Shot to the cockpit.