Monarch is a Titan appearing in Titanfall 2, added in the Monarch's Reign update. The Monarch is based upon the Vanguard-Class Titan. Levelling it to level 10 will unlock the Chrysalis patch and levelling to generations 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 will unlock variants of the Coronation banner.
Monarch’s design is based on the salvaged, badly burnt remains of two Vanguard-class Titans recovered by the IMC from the Battle of Typhon. While the Vanguard-class was designed by the Militia for armed recon deep behind enemy lines, the IMC’s mandate for Monarch focused on flexibility through survival and support options, to serve many operational roles.
Although Vinson Dynamics was unable to reverse-engineer and replicate key aspects of the original Vanguard design, they brought their own R&D innovations when creating Monarch. One of these innovations is her Upgrade Core, which allows her to improve her combat abilities during a battle, based on options set by her Pilot. Monarch also has an impressive ability to draw power from enemy Titans to recharge her own shields, or the shields of her friendly Titans. Despite the IMC and Vinson Dynamics’ efforts to maintain secrecy, several shipments of early Monarch production variants invariably leaked onto the black market, allowing mercenary Pilots and independent manufacturers across the Frontier to discover her true potential.
- In the art for Monarch's Reign, Monarch has 3 Batteries under her left arm like BT-7274 while in game she has 3 screws on her left and right side.
- Monarch has 10,000 health just like the Atlas Titans Ion and Tone, or the Titanfall Ogre.
- Monarch's standard Termination is used in Into The Abyss to dispatch Ash. It is also used by friendly Vanguard Titans in Trial By Fire.
- It is possible that the mentions of Monarch schematics leaking onto the Black Market despite the IMC's best efforts to keep the Titan a secret is a reference to the discovery of Monarch's existence long before intended, due to dataminers locating strings of code referencing her existence long before she was announced by Respawn.
- Monarch is the only Titan in Multiplayer that can gain Shields without even needing a Battery.
- Monarch is the second Titan to have a Defensive ability that is not a type of Shield, the other being Northstar.
- In Frontier Defense, combining Superior Chassis and Chassis Upgrade will provide Monarch with a total of 17,500 Health. The total health bar will extend off the screen, showing only six bars rather than the full seven whilst in the cockpit. The full seven bars can be seen on the Titan by anyone outside of the cockpit.
- As of Postcards From the Frontier update, equipping Monarch with Superior Chassis and Chassis Upgrade in Frontier Defense will show all of the 7 bars of health on the screen.
- Monarch's OS is voiced by Catherine Taber. Star Wars fans may know her as the voice of Padme Amidala in Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV show.
- Frontier Monarch is the most Purchased Limited Titan Warpaint.
- While Monarch's first person view depicts Energy Siphon as sharing the model for Ion's Laser Shot cannon, the third person view depicts the Energy Siphon laser emitting from a Rocket Salvo pod.
- While Arc rounds are equipped and installed (see core ability) shooting at an enemy Ion’s vortex shield will almost instantly drain that Ion’s energy, which can effectively be a death sentence for the Ion in a combat situation.
- Inside Development - Evolution of Monarch - Respawn's blog post on the development of Monarch.
- ↑ Titanfall Official Website - Monarch
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cattaber/status/867805574041182212
- ↑ Frontier News Network - Postcards From the Frontier