Northstar is a Titan class that is based on the Stryder chassis design. Northstar is built on high mobility and precision attacks with her railgun and cluster missiles, and can perform vertical takeoffs and landings to reach more advantageous positions.
The Northstar chassis, by default, is only capable of a short VTOL-style hover, which she can use to gain an elevated sniping position or rain missiles down on the enemy. However, extremely expensive and time-consuming modifications can be equipped to allow flight more akin to that of a more standard aircraft - however, these upgrades are prohibitively expensive to obtain and are available for a very small amount of Pilots such as Viper. A more standard modification for the majority of Pilots is the Viper Thrusters, which allow Northstar increased speed and longer flight times while in VTOL.
- Northstar's primary weapon is the Plasma Railgun which deals small damage if fired immediately (though is still capable of insta-killing Pilots and Minions) - however if the weapon is fully-charged, it can do massive damage (Just short of being able to one-hit kill a Titan in the Doomed State) and knock the enemy Titan backwards, similar to the Power Shot used by Legion. Take advantage of this effect to push back CQC-based Titans such as Scorch or Ronin.
- Also of note is that a fully charged Railgun shot will be able to punch through Heat Shield, dealing a small amount of damage to Scorch.
- A good way to fully utilize Northstar's abilities is to tether an enemy titan before using the Cluster Missile, as the Titan in question will be unable to move out of the trap. Combining this with an Electric Smoke can maximise the damage dealt even further. If in Doomed State, a well-placed Tether Trap can even used to force a Titan into taking a Nuke Eject to the face, as they will be left unable to leave the blast radius in time.
- Dashing to cover after firing a railgun round at a titan is very useful for outlasting enemy titans, dashing in and out from cover and firing a charged shot is a superb surprise tactic, making full use of Northstars dash capacity.
- When encountering a Legion with its Gun Shield up, firing a cluster missile at its legs is a good way to damage both the titan and its shield
- While Northstar is similar to its cousin chassis design, Ronin, Northstar is meant to simply stay far away from enemies and evade when they're close rather than utilize close-ranged hit-and-run attacks. Keep this in mind at all times.
- Plasma Railgun shots, despite seeming hitscan, are actually just extremely fast projectiles; leading is necessary, but only at extreme ranges, and even then, not by much.
- When fighting either an Ogre-based titan (Scorch, Legion), or another Stryder-based titan (Ronin, another Northstar), aiming for the Weak points is highly recommended due to the otherwise massive amount of health to chip through or the evasive nature of said titans making hitting shots difficult, respectively. On the other hand, the medium titans (Ion, Tone, Monarch) can usually be engaged in whatever way you feel is most comfortable, given you remember to stay at range.
- If being unwillingly pursued, Cluster Missiles serve as a excellent deterrent to any pursuers, if they run through it they will take large amounts of damage, thus making them easier to eliminate.
- Never give into the temptation to chase a titan that either runs away from you or hides behind cover; your VTOL Hover is used for dealing with this by simply lifting you high enough to see over cover while keeping you far enough from your enemy that most other titans will be unable to hit you.
"Sniper railgun that charges up while zoomed. Hold [ADS] to charge."
- In the campaign mission "The Ark", Viper uses a modified Northstar that can fly for longer periods of time than a normal variant. This Northstar was custom-scripted as a passion project by the developer in charge of the boss fight, and thus is the only reason Viper has unique animations; in-lore reasons for it were created afterwards.
- Both the paint scheme and nose art Viper's Northstar dons can be purchased from the store and unlocked via regenerating the titan several times, respectively. While the titan's aircraft-like flight is not recreatable, the similarly-named Viper Thrusters provide a similar effect of increasing flight speed and mobility.
- Northstar Prime was released with the Colony Reborn update, alongside Legion Prime.
- Northstar's default Termination, called "Sweep the Leg", is sweeping the enemy titan's legs then flying up and placing her weapon onto the cockpit and firing a charged shot.
- Northstar Prime's Termination, called "Bird of Prey", is her pouncing on the enemy titan, tearing its arms off, and then flying up and firing her Flight Core at the downed titan before smashing back down onto it.
- Also in The Ark campaign mission, the breaching charges used by the 6-4 use the same model as Northstar's tether traps, only far smaller.
- The Northstar Titan Kit Threat Optics will highlight all enemies in red and all teammates in blue when aiming, functioning much like the Threat Scope attachment for pilot rifles.
- Northstar is one of two Titans in Titanfall 2 to have a Defensive ability that is not a type of Shield, the other being Monarch.
- Northstar's OS is voiced by Nora Jane Noone.
- Northstar is the only Titan with rocket or laser pods that don't fold on to its back when unused.
- Interestingly, Northstar appears to lack thrusters that aim directly down, only backwards at various angles. However, Northstar's bottom thrusters appear to be on a rail, and can move downwards during VTOL and Flight core.