Ronin is a Titan class that is based on the Stryder chassis design. Ronin is a hit and run specialist. He can do a lot of damage in short bursts, but his fragility makes it suboptimal to stay in range for long. His speed, combined with Arc Wave's ability to slow, gives him the tools to get into and out of any fight. Ronin's primary weapon is the Leadwall.
Strategy EditRonin is one of the more slender and nimble Titans, and he is able to move around the map swiftly. His sprinting speed is faster than all other Titans aside from Northstar, thanks to his lightweight chassis. This can be advantageous when traveling to an objective, or when chasing a fleeing target. Ronin also comes equipped with two dashes when it spawns in, giving him added mobility and dodging opportunity. When in Auto-Titan mode, It can be a reliable defense asset on objective-based game modes, such as Amped Hardpoint, Capture the Flag, or Bounty Hunt.
The Leadwall Shotgun is deadly up close; to Pilots, Minions and Titans alike. Multiple consecutive direct hits to a Titan's critical hit point can quickly deplete its shields and drain its battery. This combined with swift dashing and the use of his Arc Wave can make quick work of larger Titans such as Scorch or Legion. However the capacity of Leadwall combined with the reload speed requires good management, timing, and judgment to get the most use out of it, Phase dash is a great way to manage this.
It's best to try and use the element of surprise when choosing to attack enemies with Ronin, as its durability is one of the weakest in the game.
On maps with open spaces and little places that Ronin can use cover, such as Homestead, it is best advised to attempt a flanking tactic to best utilize Ronin's potential. While teammates are engaged in a firefight with enemy Titans, Ronin can quickly use an alternate route to get behind enemy lines and unload in their backs before they have a chance to react, causing major damage and creating an opening for your team.The Arc Wave is a great move to use for extra damage, and it also briefly stuns any Titan struck by it head-on. A direct hit with the Arc Wave to a lone Pilot will stun them in the same manner as the Arc Grenade, but more damaging (Arc Wave can instantly kill enemy pilots while Sword Core is active) It should be noted that the Arc Wave travels in a linear fashion in front of Ronin and does not go vertically upwards on surfaces or across air, so caution is advised when using this ability against airborne or moving targets.
Since Ronin has such the fragile build of a Stryder, it should be noted that Heavy Titans or Titans with barrage fire(i.e. Legion, Scorch or Tone) should not be taken head-on. Ronin is capable of being doomed in mere seconds by these heavy hitters and they should only be taken on in areas where cover is abundant. If cover is not a viable option and an open-area fight is inevitable, then Ronin can also use its Sword Block to mitigate some damage taken, even able to deflect an entire Flight Core assault by Northstar without being reduced to a doomed state (if ALL missiles are blocked from a suitable state of health).
Of all the abilities in Ronin's arsenal, the most useful of all may be the Phase Dash. Phase Dash is a short teleport from one point to another in the direction the Pilot wishes on a lateral plane(Left, right, front, back, but not vertically at all.) The Phase Dash can close the distance in a instant for a quick execution, escaping a Nuclear Ejection, reloading Leadwall safely, or even dodging a Core Ability.
"High power, low capacity shotgun that bounces off walls."
"Swiping his sword across the ground, Ronin creates an electric wave that damages and slows enemies hit by it."
"Ronin dashes in a given direction, temporarily phasing out of the world, avoid incoming fire and creating the element of surprise."
"Reduces damage taken. Can be held indefinitely."
"Empowers his melee and sword abilities, and gives access to new sword attacks."
Titanfall: Assault Edit
Ronin returns as a deployable Titan in Titanfall: Assault. It has a single variant in-game, and another variant only seen in concept renders.
- Ronin's name is derived from "rōnin", a samurai with no lord or master during the feudal period (1185-1868) of Japan, which refers to Ronin's usage of a sword.
- If you are using Ronin, it is highly recommended to stay away from Legions as continuous fire from their Predator cannons will tear through your energy bar rather quickly.
- Ronin has 7,500 health just like Northstar.
- If Ronin's Phase Dash ends with it reappearing inside an enemy Titan, Ronin will be destroyed. One can avoid destruction by Sword Blocking.
- On some variations of Ronin (particularly Ash's customized Ronin) you can see the battery in the cockpit without any shielding.
- It appears Viper either used a Ronin titan or had one backing him up in an early build of the game, as witnessed briefly in the E3 2016 trailer.
- Ronin's Termination is to slash an enemy Titan from the right, then from the left, causing the enemy Titan to fall over. The enemy Titan will attempt to crawl away, only for Ronin walk up and stab them straight through the cockpit.
- Ronin Prime's Termination is to kick at the Titan, leaving it stumbling, then to repeatedly slash at the Titan, and then to finish it with an Arc Wave.
- Ronin's OS is voiced by Keith Ferguson.