Scorch is a Titan class that is based on the Ogre chassis design. Scorch's primary offensive and defensive weapon is fire. Blunt and direct, Scorch can chain its abilities to force enemies out of cover, or trap them to deal maximum damage. Scorch's primary weapon is a T-203 Thermite Launcher
Being a Titan with an Ogre-based chassis design, Scorch can endure much damage before being reduced to a doomed state. It starts off with 5 bars of health(which can be further extended with a battery pack) and can be used to push forward to objectives or when attacking other Titans. Even though Scorch is a built for tanking enemy Titan fire and heavy artillery from Pilot weapons, it's actually best utilized in tactical situations when engaging Titans.
The T-203 Thermite Launcher does an average amount of damage, but also deals damage over time with a direct hit on a Titan or if it strikes the ground any Titan walking over it(including the Scorch who fired it) will be hurt by the area of effect damage. Since The Thermite Launcher fires at a trajectory, shots must be aimed precisely in order to have the most effect when in combat. Scorch users will usually have to lead a target when firing to hit dead-on. This can also be a good strategy when a target is behind cover at long range because the arc of the thermite can go over small cover and still land a direct hit.
Scorch also excels in chaining attack for an excessive amount of damage over time. The easiest way to do so is by using the Incendiary Trap(which can be fired while using Heat Shield) and then igniting it with any of Scorches weaponry except melee. It is best to fire Incendiary Traps slightly behind a target then ignite it to prevent retreating. Another great way to utilize the Incendiary Trap is with an objective such as capture the flag. Just fire the trap inside the flag area and ignite it.(Note: Some flag areas are inaccessible to Titans, so it will not work on all maps).If the Dash ability is given to Scorch he can move in to quickly burn enemies with his Heat Shield for extra damage. If there are many enemies lined up for Scorch and the Flame Core is available, it's best to throw down two Incendiary Traps before using the Flame core so that any Titans not destroyed by the core itself will take residual damage afterwards which could potentially finish it off.
T-203 Thermite Launcher
"Lethal, single shot thermite projectiles that set ablaze anything within range."
"The name says it all - fires a directed wall of thermite in the enemies direction."
"Deploys flammable gas canisters which can be triggered by the slightest spark."
"Liquifies incoming artillery while dealing damage to nearby enemies."
"Creates a giant wave of fire that destroys anything in its path."
- Scorch can deal the best AoE damage in the game if used correctly (trapping enemies).
- Scorch can absorb and deal lots of damage with Heat Shield.
- Scorch has 12,500 health just like Legion
- The T-203 Thermite Launcher doesn't deal much damage per second on its own, considering the fact that reloading is necessary after each shot.
- T-203 Thermite Launcher projectiles can be avoided by dashing,
- In order to effectively trap, you need lots of buildings and obstructions around your opponent.
- Scorch is a bit large compared to other Titans, making it an easy target. You must take cover and not be in open areas where Northstar's and Tones can pick you off from a distance.
- Scorch cannot dash by default
Titanfall: Assault Edit
Scorch Variants Edit
- Scorch's normal execution is it punching the enemy Titan's chassis then delivering a kick to it to knock it of balance before using its Heat Shield to incinerate the Titan (and Pilot if one is operating it), reducing it to a scorched scrap.
- Scorch Prime's Termination is to punch an enemy Titan with its right hand, and then left hand, before finishing it off by slamming both fists on the ground to use its Flame Core ability. Like all Terminations, his doesn't actually use your Flame Core ability.
- Scorch's model number is CY-7659/F.