Titanfall Companion is an application available for Android, iOS, Windows 8 and Windows Phone. It contains rich intel about the history of the Titanfall universe, characters, weapons, maps, modes and controls. When connected with a player's Xbox One console, it provides a live interactive mini map and the possibility to track personal stats.
The application is split into three sections, accessible from the main menu.
The Intel section acts as an information guide to each of the in-game components, which includes the following categories:
- Universe – Learn about Planets, Characters, Vehicles, Creatures, Tech and Factions within Titanfall
- Levels – Provides a direct overview of the Titanfall Multiplayer Campaign as well as a built-in Strategy Guide.
- Armory – Provides details on all weapons and includes 3D models of all the Pilots & Titans.
- Game Modes – Distinguishes each game mode as well as detailing the ‘Rules of Play’.
- Help Controls – Details varying controller layouts.
The Stats section provides a comprehensive list of player personal statistics. This will include information such as: Total Kills, Favorite Weapon, Time Spent Playing etc.
The Mini Map section will provide Xbox One players with a live and interactive version of the current in-game map. Each player has free rein over what they see, functions like the ability to zoom out and see the map in its entirety as well as the ability to zoom into specific locations on the map are included.
The mini-map also contains a ‘Filter’ option. This is a feature that allows players to toggle pertinent game information on and off. Filters are unique to the Titanfall companion app and present players with additional map information that cannot be accessed in the title. In-game Filters are displayed on the right hand side of the application.